"He is there not only when we cry out from the burden of sin but also when we cry out for any other reason." -Bruce D. Porter

Sunday, January 13, 2013

The Rose

Even though this song is usually thought about as romantic love, I believe it also represents other types of love.  For me it is love for a child who is sick, and finding the strength to go on.  It describes my anxiety and fears, and how if I don't trust in God, how miserable my life could be.  The last of the lyrics go:

Just remember in the winter
Far beneath the bitter snow
Lies the seed
That with the sun's love, in the spring
Becomes the rose.

I like to change the lyrics to read:  Lies the seed that with the Son's love, in the spring becomes the rose.

Through our Savior, Jesus Christ, we can heal, be at peace, and be happy again.

The following video is Westlife's music video version of the Rose.  I hope you enjoy!







No comments: