"He is there not only when we cry out from the burden of sin but also when we cry out for any other reason." -Bruce D. Porter

Friday, May 28, 2010

Growing Old Gracefully?

Ok, so I have grey hairs.  Lots of them.  More everyday I think.  It use to be just on the left side of the top of my head, but now it's on the right too.  I would part my hair on the right so you couldn't see the grays on the left.  Luckily I think they're white.  (Maybe I'll be a white headed lady.)  At first I thought I'd just let my grays come in and go "au naturel" and then I thought, heck, I'm only 32.  But, I also don't want to be at the salon every month coloring my hair.  Ok, what am I going to do?  Ok, so I'm going to try Clairol's Loving Care non permanent hair color.  We'll see how it goes.  It works for some, it doesn't work for others.  We'll see.  If it does, I figure spending about $10 a month isn't as bad as going to the salon.  If it doesn't, well maybe we'll take a second look at "au naturel".

7 comments:

Kathy said...

Sorry about the grey hairs. I'm sure you will come out of it gracefully. I'm sure you can blame them on Seth and all his birth put you through. So that makes the grey hairs as precious as Seth, right?

Christina said...

Hmm, never thought of it that way! Maybe it's not as bad as I think. :)

Dottie Stay said...

I feel your pain! Let me know how the hair color works out. Thus the reason I have been putting more and more blonde in my hair. I gotta camo those bad boys!

4Garrisons said...

you know i never thought we would get gray hairs because mom has ket her color-now you got me worried!

Christina said...

We've got Dad's genes, Kathy, watch out!

Holloway Family said...

Christina, don't feel bad about that gray!! It shows wisdom and experience. My dad started going gray at 16 and I pulled my first gray hair at 16. I colored my hair for several years and then when I hit 30 I decided to heck with it. Now that I'm in my 40s I don't mind so much. Whenever someone makes a comment I just tell them that I'm more experienced and smarter than they are, the gray hair proves it!! ;)

Kristen said...

I highlight my hair, but not to cover grays- I actually like my grays and I'm still in my 20s!