"He is there not only when we cry out from the burden of sin but also when we cry out for any other reason." -Bruce D. Porter

Monday, February 15, 2010

Frustrations

Ok, here's my question:  what's up with swim wear?  Why do we have to feel like we are running around in our underwear?  And if we are brave enough to venture out in something more modest, why do we point and make fun or think it's so old fashioned?  Why are we scared to be modest.  We wear long shorts and shirts that have sleeves and cover our bellies.  But when it's time for the pool, that no longer applies.  Sure it's not a bikini, or strapless, but it sure shows a lot of leg, not to mention backs and cleavage.  And some of us don't have great legs, or cleavage for that matter.(Ok, just being funny.)  I'm shopping for a suit.  I'm trying to decide if I should be brave enough to try something new.  I've done the shorts over the swimsuit thing. It's ok, but maybe there's something more comfortable. Plus it's hard to find a suit with nice thick straps to hold you up (not like it's a problem here) and cover up the back.    I'm looking for more people to cater to what I want.  There is a growing demand, but it's still very limited.  Not to mention expensive.  But hey,  I suppose two yards of material costs a lot more than half a yard! So, I guess I need to expect to pay more.  Ok, I suppose there are greater problems in this world than styles of swim suits.  I'll continue looking,

6 comments:

Watson momma said...

oh christina, just ask the duggars! hahaha!

mrs_stailey said...

One of my most favorite online places for modest swimwear is http://www.limericki.com/. They have really modest stuff, but it does cost more than a swimsuit at Walmart or Target. But it does not show cleavage or back and the bottoms are a little longer through the hip. They are really cute! Good luck on your search!

edsajadaha05 said...

I agree Christina. There doesn't seem to be any "rules" about bathing suits. My only rule for Hannah is that it has to cover up the tummy. I like swim skirts, but I think you may be looking for something with even more coverage. I wouldn't make fun of you.

Christina said...

So Sarah, if I'm covered from head to toe at the beach, you'd still talk to me? hahahaha You can sport any bathing suit! You look good in whatever you wear! (Was that Girl Talk? ahahhaha)

4Garrisons said...

I'd still talk to you because you are my sister, but other than that, no! hahaha :)

Christina said...

I'll stalk you Kathy! hahahaha