"He is there not only when we cry out from the burden of sin but also when we cry out for any other reason." -Bruce D. Porter

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

I Can Be So Selfish

Ok, so, all I have to say is, do you think I'll ever learn? As we were in the process of moving and all, I'm wondering what the Lord has in store for me in Maryland. Hello, did I ever stop to think that perhaps moving to Maryland could be for reasons other than me? I met a lady on Sunday who works at the Maryland School for the Deaf, specifically with the 0-5 year olds. She's assigned as my visiting teacher. Today two ladies from the Infant and Toddler program come to asses Seth and I realize what a wonderful program they have here and how many resources are available. We fed the missionaries last Thursday, and one of the elder's has a cochlear implant. Do you know who I am alluding to? It just occured to me that perhaps Heavenly Father sent us here to get the best help for Seth? I can be so selfish, I tell you. I'm sure there are other reasons as well, but I just had this light bulb moment today. I need to stop worrying about what I'm suppose to get out of this experience and take a look around me. I'm so excited for Seth. For his physical therapy, we have a goal set that in six months we will have him walking! I was like, really? Crazy, but he's been a baby for so long that it's hard to imagine him not being a baby! Seth is moments away from crawling. He gets up on his hands and knees. He can also drag himself to things he wants. Of course he's protesting all the while he's doing this because he wants to know why he has to work so hard to get something when you could obviously just hand it to him. I don't know. He's very determined. That's how the therapists described him today.

4 comments:

mrs_stailey said...

I think everyone does this! No worries. But I am so happy that she has been assigned to you!! I can't wait to hear what happens.

Dottie Stay said...

You don't worry a minute about being selfish! You are the furthest thing from it! You are a wonderful caring mother who loves her children so much. I am sure there are wonderful things that will happen to you there and reasons for you to be there. What a miracle with Seth. I was so touched just reading that. That is so exciting!! What a stud. He is such an amazing little dude. Talk about a trooper. He can do anything!

Sandra said...

Blessings! It's just great to see blessings!

Sandra said...

wv last one was grinf this one herif =)